You might have spent hours looking for the perfect leather sofa in the January sales last year, and you managed to find it for a sweet price. Getting it delivered to your home and moving it into the living room was a bit of a nightmare, but it was all worth it in the end.
But now that you’ve had the sofa for a year, you realize that it’s not really looking its best anymore. The leather is full of crumbs and the odd stain, and it’s having a negative impact on the overall look of your living room.
Will it’s very tempting, you’ve only had the sofa for a year, and so you can’t just throw it out and buy a new one. Also, it would be a shame to hide it under a throw and a mountain of cushions for the rest of its days.
There’s no need to despair, just follow these cleaning tips and your leather sofa will look good as new in no time.
- – Vacuum all the crumbs using a narrow hose attachment to get into those awkward corners.
- – Apply a gentle moisturizing soap to a damp cloth and bring it to a light lather.
- – Rub the stained areas with the damp cloth without getting the leather too wet.
- – Wipe the leather with a fresh damp cloth. Again avoid getting the leather too wet; otherwise, you’ll leave a water stain once it dries.
- – Polish the leather with a dry towel.
Of course, you could always rely on an upholstery cleaning company to do a sofa cleaning service for you. They provide fully trained and experienced upholstery cleaners that will use state of the art upholstery cleaning equipment to bring out the best in your leather sofa.